Researchers and students at the University of Graz are shaping tomorrow’s world. We are addressing a broad spectrum of specialist issues and responding strategically to diverse social challenges. The University of Graz is also a place where achievement is rewarded, careers are planned, and social diversity is promoted – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The institute of biology is looking for a
(20 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years; position to be filled as of October 1st 2019 )
- Teaching in the new studies for pre-service biology teachers (6 SWS) focusing on "evolutionary biology“, "human biology" and/or "experiments at school"
- Participation in a didactic research project about evolutionary biology at school
- Tutoring of didactic bachelor-/master theses within this research project
- University degree in biology (diploma/master)
- Dissertation in biology with above-average marks
- Profound teaching skills at university
- Successful tutoring bachelor/master theses
- Successful publication of teaching concepts/materials for biology at school (e.g. biology textbooks)
- Basic knowledge in bio-didactic research and interest in enhancing these skills
- Identification with the given research topics
- Capability to work independently and with a high degree responsibility
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1902.00 gross/month (20 hours/week). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: June 19th 2019
Reference Number: MB/109/99 ex 2018/19
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents before the stated deadline to:
Menschen an der Universität Graz
+43 (0)316 380 - 9075
+43 (0)316 380 - 9075