At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
Institute of Geography and Regional Science is looking for a
(30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years with an objective agreement; position to be filled as of July 1st 2021 )
Career objective: Permanent employment as Senior Lecturer.
- Demand-oriented teaching with an average of 6 semester hours per week in Geospatial Technologies (primarily in the field of Geovisualization / Cartography)
- Participation and own research in the research field of Geospatial Technologies (Geovisualization / Cartography)
- Participation within the research and teaching cooperation in NAWI GRAZ (https://www.nawigraz.at)
- Cooperation in the coordination and further development of the study programs in the field of Geospatial Technologies
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks as well as in evaluation processes
- Completed PhD in Geography with a focus on Geospatial Technologies (Geovisualisation / Cartography, GIS and Remote Sensing) and closely-related disciplines
- Teaching experience in Geospatial Technologies (primarily in the field of Geovisualisation / Cartography
- Scientific qualifications in research (publications in reviewed journals)
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of project management (desirable)
- Very good knowledge of German and fluent spoken and written English
- International lecture and teaching experience (desirable)
- Experience abroad at a research institution (desirable)
- Experience in the context of interdisciplinary research projects (desirable)
- Communication, organizational and team skills
- Independent and self-reliant working style
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2959.40 gross/month (30 hours/week). This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: May 12th 2021
Reference Number: MB/73/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
Menschen an der Universität Graz