Project Assistant without doctorate
At the University of Graz, researchers and students work across a broad disciplinary spectrum to enlarge our knowledge, and find strategies to deal with challenges our society is confronted with and to shape tomorrow’s world. The University of Graz is a place which combines high quality academic research and teaching, where achievement is rewarded, careers are promoted, and social diversity is encouraged – all within a modern, award-winning working environment. Our motto: We work for tomorrow. Join us!
The Institute of Psychology is looking for a
Project Assistant without doctorate
(30 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years; position to be filled as of June 1st 2021 )
- Participation in the H2020 project "Energy Citizenship and Energy Communities for a Clean Energy Transition" within an international and transdisciplinary project consortium
- Independent research on the psychological conception and empirical assessment of the construct "Energy Citizenship" and the empirical evaluation of supporting tools or procedures for energy communities.
- Participation in the Field of Excellence „Smart Regulation"
- Publication in international journals
- Presentation of scientific results at national/international conferences
- Participation in organizational and administrative tasks
- Writing of a dissertation
- Excellent master’s or diploma degree in psychology, preferably in the field of social or environmental psychology
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Interest in the psychological determinants of sustainable behavior
- Interest in interdisciplinary research at the interface of psychology, economy, and law
- Competence in the conception, implementation and evaluation of experiments
- Knowledge of Open Science practices and experimental survey software (e.g., Unipark, Limesurvey)
- Comprehensive knowledge of psychological methods and statistical analysis techniques
- Very good knowledge of statistic software (e.g. R, SPSS)
- High personal motivation for academic excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Independent and self-reliable way of working
- Organizational skills
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 2228.60 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: May 19th 2021
Reference Number: MB/98/99 ex 2020/21
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
For further information please contact the secretary of the social psychology group by phone +43 (0) 316 / 380 - 8549.
Menschen an der Universität Graz